Freelance Motion Graphic Artist
Job Type: Freelance
Location: Greater Toronto Area (GTA)
Number of Positions: Open
Salary: Day Rate, Based on Experience
Hey there, do you have a strong background in video production or media studies?
Well, we’re looking for an extraordinary Motion Graphic Artist to help us with our digital content productions.
Are you that person?
JUST WHO IS PHANTA?
We’re a Markham-based, full-service digital marketing agency that has its heart set on being #Extraordinary. By conquering real business challenges through courageous strategy and ambitious execution, PHANTA is achieving real results for its clients. Results that make a difference.
As a small firm, we’ve developed a strong culture. Those that fit in here will grow, succeed, and have a hand in shaping the company, its projects, and its future. Our working style allows us to push one another, and to speak openly and honestly, with no room for internal politics. We’re a group of people who work really hard, as quickly as possible, and to the highest of standards.
It’s a serious environment, but one that fosters creativity and growth. We like it.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Motion graphics is fun, isn’t it? It adds creativity, style, and a very polished look to any video. And since we’re very good at producing videos, we need someone who is very good at making things move. You need to be organized and detail-oriented, you enjoy working in a team-oriented environment, you take direction very well and adapt to standardized best practices, and you have a strong sense of timing and pace.
And as part of your pleasant disposition, you bring a strong skill-set that includes:
- Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, with some Premiere Pro experience, too);
- Design skills to create or modify vector assets;
- Experience with Illustrator (creating and modifying assets);
- Experience modifying keyframes with graph editor in After Effects;
- Experience using specific third-party plugins like Ouroboros, Plexus, Trapcode, and Mocha;
- Simple video editing skills;
- Simple audio post-production skills;
- Experience in both Windows and Mac platforms; and,
- Simple HTML code experience.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Access to a vehicle
- Valid passport
- Ability to work overtime as needed
HOW YOU CAN APPLY:
To really be considered for this position, please submit the following to email@example.com:
- A customized letter detailing your skills and expertise, and why you should be considered for this role.
- Your portfolio of work (either online or offline, as long as we have a good idea what you’ve done).
- Your video reel, if applicable (a link to your best stuff will speak volumes for what you can do).
- Two to three professional references.
- Your availability and rates.
- Your contact information, of course, including full name, email address, phone number and a physical address.
- And if you have one, a resume would be nice.
Absolutely no phone calls, faxes, hop-ons, or drop-ins regarding this position. Successful candidates will be notified of next steps by email or by phone.