Senior Video Editor
Job Type: Full Time
Number of Positions: 1
Salary: Based on experience
We’re growing and we need a seasoned, well-established Senior Video Editor to take over the duties of a team member who is moving up within the company.
JUST WHO IS PHANTA?
We’re a Markham-based, full-service digital marketing agency that has its heart set on being #Extraordinary.
By conquering real business challenges through courageous strategy and ambitious execution, PHANTA is achieving real results for its clients.
Results that make a difference.
As a small firm, we’ve developed a strong culture. Those that fit in here will grow, succeed, and have a hand in shaping the company, its projects, and its future.
Our working style allows us to push one another, and to speak openly and honestly, with no room for internal politics.
We’re a group of people who work really hard, as quickly as possible, and to the highest of standards.
It’s a serious environment, but one that fosters creativity and growth. We like it.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
If you get the opportunity to join our team as a Senior Video Editor, you will be pushed to express your editing capabilities while working with a dynamic team producing great, impactful work.
As our Senior Video Editor, you’ll work in a lively, fast-paced video production environment, touching numerous projects simultaneously.
As a senior team member, you’ll be expected to delegate and take on complex projects yourself.
In working with our tight team of creatives and directors, you’ll discover our unique approach to post-production. You’ll coordinate with your co-workers. You’ll be responsible for providing guidance and teaching others. And you’ll bring client-projects to completion.
Here’s a little bit of what we expect:
- Video editing on high profile creative projects requiring significant creative input, advertising campaign-quality editing, both scripted and documentary-based projects, and the ability to take projects through to online final deliverables (colour correction, sound mixing, graphics).
- Based on our working style, we prefer editors who can take assets and run with them, helping to shape the content, the storylines, and the final products. Essentially, we’re looking for more than just “button-pushers.” Past PHANTA projects to look at include the following: http://clients.phanta.com/SeniorEditorWork/.
- You have the ability to collaborate with producers and clients, to discuss changes, ideation, feedback, and timelines.
- At a minimum, you have 3 years of full-time video editing experience, ideally in a senior role.
- An understanding of the most recent and emerging digital campaign delivery processes (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube) and broadcast delivery standards.
- Comfortable working with various source footage like C300, RED, ALEXA, DLSRs, GoPro, etc.
- 360 video editing is a bonus.
These postings always say you’ll be working in a “fast-paced environment.” But trust us when we say, PHANTA is definitely a fast-paced environment.
Each editor is typically working on a dozen projects (at various stages) at a time, so the need to be able to move from project to project on any given day will be necessary. You’ll need to be pretty agile when it comes to shifting gears and moving from project to project seamlessly.
We also like strong communication and decision-making skills. Also important is a positive attitude – you’re a person who is open to feedback (aka criticism) and discussing projects openly.
- Premiere Pro CC 2017
- After Effects CC 2017
- Davinci Resolve 12
- Multi-format ingesting and editing
- Broadcast prep experience
- Digital campaign prep experience
- Closed-captioning file editing and delivery
- Colour grading (Lumetri, Resolve toolsets)
- Audio mixing
HOW YOU CAN APPLY:
Be warned – we have a bit of an unusual approach to getting to know our candidates.
- Send your cover letter outlining why you’re the right candidate and a suitable fit for this role, and send it along with your resume
- Provide at least 3 examples of relevant work; examples that are similar to the work we shared with you earlier on in this job description (http://clients.phanta.com/SeniorEditorWork/)
- Do not send reels, partial segments of work, or examples that are not in-line with the type of work we produce
- Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference “#SN-ED-2017” – we’ll be in touch with next steps if we feel there is a fit
ARE YOU THE ONE WE’VE BEEN LOOKING FOR? ARE YOU? WELL?
Absolutely no phone calls, mailed in packages, or drop-ins.