PLASP IS A NON-PROFIT organization that provides before and after school programs for more than 12,5000 children from 10,000 families each year, in over 200 locations throughout Toronto and Peel region.
By providing in-school care to children from kindergarten through to grade 6, they have a major market advantage and a locked-in target demographic.
So, the questions were asked: “How can we increase enrollment through our website?” and, “Can compelling, stronger stories, visuals, and knowledge drive enrollments?”
We had to address the real source of the challenge for more registrations, and where that challenge might be in the funnel (awareness, research, and/or conversion).
“Can compelling, stronger stories, visuals, and knowledge drive enrollments?”
To better identify the most effective solution, we needed to:
- Understand the data and analytics to dig into conversion drop offs mid-registration.
- Rely on qualitative data from current and past customers, without similar data from visitors that abandoned or decided not to complete the registration process.
- Work without changing the primary PLASP website or registration process.
- Bake-in tracking that would provide actionable data points for PLASP, so they could make data-driven decisions on improving this process by knowing more about where their conversions are leaking.
Based on insight and a collaborative strategic approach with PLASP stakeholders, we believed a research and consideration approach (mid-funnel) would be best.
We needed to focus on the conversion journey that:
- Educated parents on the benefits of the program.
- Simplified a parent’s expectations of the program.
- Drove parents to enroll, quickly and easily.
We needed to create and test a microsite experience designed to educate, inform, and emotionally connect with parents. We needed to focus on conversion while measuring and improving in ways that would outperform the traditional website as a pre-registration experience.
The microsite had to replace the experience, emotion and educational element that parents would go through on a live guided tour of one of the locations.
To support this approach, we developed:
- A program guide site, complete with striking visuals.
- Targeted copy that addressed information in a parent-centric order.
- “Can I picture my child enjoying and benefiting from this type of program?”
- “How does this make my life easier for me as a parent?”
- “Why should I choose PLASP?”
- “How does the program work?
- “How do I register?”
- A fast-flow experience of PLASP’s benefits.
- Immersive videos and imagery that captured the PLASP environment for a child.
- Emotionally-driven videos that closed out the conversion for a parent’s peace of mind.
The essentials included the creation of a bold new design; implementing a custom developed digital platform:
- Creative direction
- Website/digital integration
- 360-degree videos
- Conversion videos
- Custom budget and planning calculator
- Downloadable assets (PDF)
- Ongoing analytics and reporting
The Interactive Microsite
THE PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
To help us better design an intuitive site for the purpose of converting visitors to actual program registrants, we needed to establish:
- The rate of people converting from the guide to the registration page.
- The average time spent on the site, and keeping it high.
- The total impact of video views, since these visual assets were paramount to the success of the site.
BEING RESULTS FOCUSED MEANT …
…Building a website that lived up to the expectations of an on-site tour by being responsive, visually appealing, and fast.
The new microsite succeeded by directing parents through an easy-to-follow guided journey and overview as they progressed, taking the stress out of a major decision and making it easier for them to register with PLASP.