Freelance Make-Up Artist
Job Type: Freelance
Location: Greater Toronto Area (GTA)
Number of Positions: Open
Salary: Day Rate, Based on Experience
Hey, are you a creative force with a positive and professional outlook?
Well, we’re looking for an extraordinary Make-up Artist to help us with our digital content productions.
Are you that person?
JUST WHO IS PHANTA?
We’re a Markham-based, full-service digital marketing agency that has its heart set on being #Extraordinary. By conquering real business challenges through courageous strategy and ambitious execution, PHANTA is achieving real results for its clients. Results that make a difference.
As a small firm, we’ve developed a strong culture. Those that fit in here will grow, succeed, and have a hand in shaping the company, its projects, and its future. Our working style allows us to push one another, and to speak openly and honestly, with no room for internal politics. We’re a group of people who work really hard, as quickly as possible, and to the highest of standards.
It’s a serious environment, but one that fosters creativity and growth. We like it.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
You’re an artist and you enjoy creating the make-up and hairstyles of performers, presenters, models and anyone else appearing in front of a camera. After all, they need to look their best. Plus, your success has been driven by creativity, a knack for working hard, a detail-oriented nature, and the ability to respond quickly. You’ve probably worked alone, but you’re very comfortable working with a team and with so many different types of people.
Sound like you?
We would like to meet you if you’re creative, cool, and you bring the following in your make-up case:
- Experience with documentary storytelling (ENG)
- Experience working in manufacturing facilities and operating companies – this means you’ll need to be nimble, flexible, and work fast because some of our shooting environments might not be the most comfortable (i.e. taking place outdoors or in small office);
- The ability to adapt and respond to the different types of environments and projects thrown your way;
- The ability to take direction from the producer, but also be forward with ideas in regards to make-up and hair;
- The ability to do make-up and hair together, from intricate character looks to simple, natural and clean corporate looks (basically, the best styling for a project’s specific needs);
- A high level of technical knowledge – experience with different techniques as well as the ability to provide full kit needs for specific projects;
- The ability to collaborate with the production team to ensure talent is processed in a timely manner, as well monitor filming to ensure talent looks their best at all times; and,
- You strive in doing the best possible work based on a project’s requirements – at the end of the day, good enough is not good enough for us.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Access to a vehicle
- Valid passport
- Ability to work overtime as needed
HOW YOU CAN APPLY:
To really be considered for this position, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A customized letter detailing your skills and expertise, and why you should be considered for this role.
- Your portfolio of work (either online or offline, as long as we have a good idea what you’ve done).
- Your video reel, if applicable (a link to your best stuff will speak volumes for what you can do).
- Two to three professional references.
- Your availability and rates.
- Your contact information, of course, including full name, email address, phone number and a physical address.
- And if you have one, a resume would be nice.
Absolutely no phone calls, faxes, hop-ons, or drop-ins regarding this position. Successful candidates will be notified of next steps by email or by phone.